Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Bueno Day

Yesterday, before the tornado hit, I got my mail. In the mail was a letter from Taco Bueno, thanking me for my years of faithfulness.

You see, I have been dining at the Taco Bueno for since 1990 and I have never had bad food or bad service.... until lately.

There is one store near my school that I frequent. In the past 6 months or so the service has gone down hill, orders are being screwed up and the food is marginally okay.

There is a toll free number on the receipt that you may call to register complaints. The phone survey asks you if you want a manager to call you.

I have called the number every time that I had less than stellar service but I have never left my number. Week before last, I finally had enough.

The general manager for the Arlington stores called me. We talked like old friends. The letter in the mail was from him.

He sent me two 5 dollar coupons for free Bueno food. So this morning, on the way to work, I decided to use one.

I went inside and asked the man if I could use a portion of the five dollars and receive a credit. He said no. I understood and got out a couple of bucks. Then he said,
"I am not going to charge you for $1.09, don't worry about it, it's on me."

I was grateful!

I decided that one of two things happened,
1) he was just a really nice guy
or
2) he saw the general manager's name on the back of the coupon and decided to "go the extra mile".

Whatever, I got a free egg, potato and queso burrito and saved $1.o9.