Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Low Pressure Sucks


That what happens in a tornado. Extreme low pressure..... sucking.


I could hear the howling... but I could tell it was a ways off. When I heard the hail and saw golf-ball sized chunks I ran around the house shutting windows. In case of straight line winds, I didn't want everything blown to bits and smashed.


I turned on the TV and heard the meteorologist say "people in the vicinity of Bowen Road and Arbrook need to take cover immediately".
That's me.

They didn't need to say it twice, I grabbed my purse and phone and got in the closet.
What you can see on the radar is a well defined "V-notch" or "hook echo" right on top of my house.
Zoinks!
Nothing touched down. I prayed to guardian angel ---he blew the storm away.
He always pulls through.... doesn't he?
Watch some video of the neighborhood about 1 mile to my west: STORM VIDEO WFAA- DALLAS
They called it a "lowering wall cloud with extreme rotation" spotted in south Arlington.
Growing up in these parts, I knew that Arlington was notorious for having storm damage. I expected the worst. I really did.