Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Home Robot

I'm not Jane Jetson...

But I am about as close to Jane Jetson as I can get.

Roomba Red, leaving the spare bedroom

Yes, this is another blog about Roomba. I love him. (the Roomba is a "he" to me; don't know why, don't ask).

Having my little robot here is like having a live-in maid that I only had to pay one day.

I wish he did windows.

When I come home from work, I can tell that he has done his work. Every other day he turns himself on at about 9AM and vacuums half of the house. As I walk in the house, tired and worn out, I can tell he has been there vacuuming his little battery out.

When he's finished, he simply goes back to his charging station and recharges himself. It is an amazing invention. Thank God for MIT.

He will vacuum for about an hour or until his little robot brain realizes that he has swept past every part of the floor. Then he turns about face and lines himself up, and drives up onto the charger.

I succumbed the first few times to having to stare in awe of him and waste time in doing so.
But now, I can do other things or even let him run when I am away while he does the work I used to do. It is the most liberating thing I have ever done besides dumping my drug addicted, crazy ex-husband.

If you get a Roomba, make sure you get one with a self-docking station and a scheduler. Otherwise you will cut the utility of having the robot in half.




Pictured: hallway, charging station, Ranger, Roomba RedThis morning 10AM Roomba
Roomba vacuumed yesterday when I was at work. He just finished running again today over the same area.
Look at what he picked up. This is with animals being inside the house only HALF the day between yesterday and today.
Can you imagine what the carpet would look like if I went more than a few days without vacuuming? OR what if I went a week or more without vacuuming!!!!!!
GAG!!!!!!!!!




6 comments:

OKRA ED said...

But where is the laser? I thought all good robots had a laser eye...

-K said...

There IS a laser (well, an IR eye-- like on your television I guess.)
that is where the electronic walls come in that keep Roomba at bay.

Bits said...

Isn't there some kind of democrat guy named Roomba running for president ?

OKRA ED said...

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

yanmaneee said...

yeezy supply
goyard handbags
golden goose
goyard
golden goose sneakers
goyard handbags
supreme hoodie
golden goose sneakers
golden goose
golden goose outlet

Unknown said...

replica wholesale handbags best replica bags online replica wholesale handbags