Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another productive Saturday

Ah, it's nice to sit down and finally do something stupid.

I woke up at the ass-crack of dawn and took a shower, washed my hair and drove to work.

Yes, work on a Saturday.

I tutored again (for TAKS) and made another 50 bucks which I added to the 38 dollars I made after school yesterday running the Advanced Study Group for my honors bio 9th graders, which then added to the 74 dollars I made this week doing after school tutoring....

What is that? 50 + 38 + 74..... uhm..... hmmmm. I can't do math in my head. It's a deficit of the homogenous X chromosomes I inherited from my parents...... hmmmmm where's my cell phone? That's $162.oo. Not too shabby. I get paid 25 bucks an hour for all that.

I decided that I won't do any extra work-related things unless I am well compensated. I value my time too much. Sponsor a club??? Heck no! Pay me first!

Flash-back! In Albuquerque I sponsored the MESA club. But the State of NM paid me 5K per year to do that... WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a physics test on Tuesday, Wednesday I dug post holes into the ground (at night!) to fix my broken fence (Vietnamese neighbor's fence actually), and Thursday my geology class bored me to tears (Janice was there. 'nuf said), Friday night I went out to Sherlock's with my friends and drank vodka then Ed called and enticed me to go to his place for dinner. He had salmon and wine so obviously worth the drive there and back.

(did I mention I rue the day I decided to get my masters. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? I don't get home until 9:30 PM on class days.... AM I NUTS????)

BUT THIS MORNING is where the real work happened.

After tutoring, I snookered my Mom into loaning me the pickup and we both went to Home Depot and bought fence stuff. After she dropped me off at home again, I instantly got to work. I worked out in the yard until it was dark.

Crazy. I don't know how I do it. But somehow, I am able to do just about any home improvement task that my body allows me to do, (in spite of feeble muscles) without any prior knowledge nor experience. I amaze myself sometimes. It's crazy. Today, I leveled the posts in the holes, staked them so they wouldn't move out of level, poured concrete around the bases in the holes and trimmed the Vietnamese neighbor's strange Asian gourds that were responsible for destroying the fence between us. Screw him. His weird gourd contraption and home made gourd trellis, arbor, lean-to, thingy pulled on my fence for the last time! I broke it down. Roarrrrrrrrrr!

Bags of concrete are HEAVY! The suckers are 60 pounds!
I think they purposely made them that weight just so women couldn't lift them. What's wrong with 50 pounds??? WHY 60 pounds ???? What the heck? They don't make smaller bags.

It's a wonder I have any time to maintain my little classroom mypace, write lesson plans, grade tests.... etc, etc.... But somehow, I cram it all in.

My fingers are incredibly dry now, from all the concrete. I guess it is gypsum or something that causes your skin to dessicate so terribly when you touch "raw" concrete. My hands feel like they have been made from sand paper. Even soaking in a hot tub for 30 minutes didn't seem to phase them.

So now here I sit waiting for my hair to dry and typing all this. I am going to bed in a minute. I love going to bed. Always have. Love nesting down in the feather bed, pulling up the blankets, snuggling around the pillow.

I don't remember ever having difficulty sleeping. Pretty much as soon as my head hits the pillow I am OUT within about 2-3 minutes. And when I am at home, I never wake up in the middle of the night. Sometimes when I am in a strange place or camping I wake up multiple times, but never have trouble falling asleep.

BUT IT HELPS THAT I PAID OFF ALL MY CREDIT CARD DEBT. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that last week. It felt good sending that electronic payment for the full amount!

YAY ME!

Hmmmm. I think I need to make more money today.

I got a coupon in the mail for 30 bucks off at New York & Company. I think I will go and sell it on eBay RIGHT NOW.

Admit it, I'm nuts.

But................. I have NO credit card debt. And this is how I do it..... that and good clean living.

Nanny nanny boo boo.

No comments: