Thursday, June 7, 2007

So far summer has been productive

School has been out for 13 days and so far, I have been busy, busy, busy..... that's okay. Because I am getting paid for most of it.

Last week I made $310.00 for conducting training for the school district's secondary science teachers. I trained them on using the Pasco GLX Xplorer probes-- the pH, dissolved O2, and conductivity probes.
And this week I have been working with one other teacher in developing the school district's curriculum re-write for Biology. I have worked 8.5 hours and have made $212.50 so far. We have about another 8 hours left in developing the curriculum... so I will probably make another 200 dollars or so doing that.
So yay me!
Next week I will start classes again. I will be taking a biology course every day except Friday.
Then at then end of that course (end of June) I will be going to Lake Tahoe for an International Baccalaureate conference to learn about teaching IB Biology.

I am grateful that I am able to get this kind of work to keep me busy.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iam also a biology teacher in the far east. Some of my lab sessions we use Pasco sensors too....

lalatbotak@yahoo.com